We have had several amazing medical recoveries at Paws Animal Hospital this summer. We want to share their stories but PLEASE BE WARNED some of the before photos are GRAPHIC! We don’t want anyone to see injuries they are uncomfortable with, but it is imperative to appreciate how far the animals have come in their recovery.

Our first miracle patient is Miss Flo! Flo was attacked one evening in her backyard, possibly by a wild animal or wild dogs, we’re not certain who got her :confused: She was in terrible pain and very scared. She spent several nights in our intensive care, complete with laser therapy, hydrotherapy, pain meds and antibiotics. She’s doing so well now!! She still comes in for laser therapy and progress exams to keep her healing beautifully! Her parents have done the best job at home keeping up with her meds and the hardest job of all: keeping Flo away from her stitches!!


Spunky’s story! Sweet Spunky came in August 1st with a terrible eye injury, his globe was ruptured. We enucleated his eye and his recovery has been remarkable in just two weeks! He’s been super sweet throughout his entire ordeal. We adore our one eyed Spunky!


Hi, my name is Cooper and everyone agrees I’m the cutest lil 5 pound teacup yorkie pup they’ve ever seen! I was a naughty boy on Sunday night. I found a yummy bottle full of IBUPROFENS! I can’t even say such a big word!! Well, I did what any puppy would do and had an IBUPROFEN SNACK! I don’t know why but my mommy got so upset that I ate them! She and my aunts grabbed me up and drove me to the doctor so fast! I didn’t even know you could go to the vet on a Sunday night!! They have an EMERGENCY vet at Paws, so I can get help whenever I need it! Dr. Beth said I arrived just in time because puppies aren’t supposed to eat IBUPROFENS!! The tasty snack gave me IBUPROFEN TOXICITY! Dr. Beth and my nurse, Mary Catherine knew just what to do to make me feel better! I got my very own IV with warmed fluids, a heating pad to warm me up and a few medicines that didn’t taste as good as the ibuprofens did. They let me have a slumber party at Paws and they came to visit me every three hours to make sure I was feeling okay, even at 4 in the morning!! The next day they watched me all day and let keep my IV until I was all better! My wonderful mommy came to visit me and snuggle so I could show her how much better I feel! Thank goodness she brought me to the doctor so fast! I still have to take a few medicines at home to protect my tummy from ulcers but I’m feeling like lil Cooper again! I will never eat ibuprofens again!!”

IBUPROFEN IS TOXIC FOR DOGS. Ibuprofen is a very common house hold item, so always be sure you keep it out of your pup’s reach! Some common symptoms of IBUPROFEN TOXICITY include:
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Bloody feces
Blood in vomit
Nausea
Lack of appetite
Weight loss
Gastric (stomach) ulcers and perforation
Increased thirst
Increased urination
Decreased or lack of urine
Seizures
Incoordination
Coma
with some cases resulting in death.